Marketing Machine: How Inbound Runs Just Like a Car
Analogies are a great way to explain processes. But you may be wondering why we're comparing Inbound Marketing to a car.
Read time: 4 minutes
Skip to the section you're most interested in:
Life may be like a box of chocolates but the following will explain all the parts of the inbound marketing machine and how it compares to a car.
So what represents the car? Well, that would be your home building business! Your business is the "vehicle" you use to get from point A to point B, or rather, your business goals. As you sit in the driver's seat, you look out the windshield at all the possibilities of where you'd like to go. But if your engine doesn't work properly, you won't be going anywhere any time soon!
As we mentioned, in order for your car to run, you'll need a proper engine. That's where inbound marketing comes into play. It delivers power to your business, generating leads which turn into sales.
The inbound marketing methodology integrates your digital marketing tactics so they’re working together like a high-performance engine. This engine is built on the understanding that today’s buyers typically complete up to 90% of their home buying journey without engaging with a salesperson. It's also designed to drive revenue and deliver you a worthy return on marketing investment (ROMI) and show you those results with concrete measurements.
If your engine doesn't have the power to run your car, it will stall. And obviously, it can't run on fumes, which brings us to the next component in your inbound marketing engine.
...your engine can't run without it! And in this case, your fuel is good content.
Content is the foundation for all inbound marketing.
It's a proven methodology to attract the attention of prospective customers, engage with them, and finally close the sales loop. By creating and distributing valuable, high-quality content (like blog posts, eBooks, video, and more), you’re turning your website into a magnet that draws potential customers to you, instead of fighting to get their attention like you would with traditional marketing. So as far as fuel goes, it needs to be of the high octane variety!
Now, even if you have a high powered engine and you use high octane fuel, your car would not run without the computer. The vehicle's computer is in charge of monitoring and controlling all the processes that enable your car to perform at an optimal level. For inbound marketing, this means gearing up with some stellar marketing, sales and service software - such as that offered by HubSpot.
Hubspot is an all-in-one platform for marketing and sales. The software integrates a vast number of tools to attract more prospects, convert leads into customers, and turn customers into evangelists of your brand. It allows you to run your inbound marketing program seamlessly, just like your car's computer.
Where do you want to go? On a road trip, this is the place marked with the X on your map (okay, your GPS). For marketing, this is your goals. Just like with driving, you have to be clear when setting your destination and it's the same with your marketing goals.
That's where the popular acronym comes in: SMART.
- Specific - identify the metric(s) you want to improve, along with the plan of action to hit that mark. Is it traffic, visitors, leads, conversions?
- Measurable - if you can't measure it, you won't know how well you and/or your team is doing.
- Attainable - just like you can't drive from Ontario to Vancouver on one tank of gas, you need to make sure your goals are reality-based (and that might not be according to industry-standard).
- Relevant - make sure your team is working on the things that matter. If producing 2 extra videos a month brings in more revenue, great! If not, is it really that relevant to your business?
- Time-bound - you need to have deadlines if you want to see steady and significant progress.
Are you ready to take your business to another level? Are you ready to attract prospects, convert leads and customers, and sell more homes? Then speed over to our next section...
Model Line-Up (aka our packages)
If you’re interested in selling more homes you’ve met the right agency! The best option for your company depends on two main factors: your company's current marketing resources and how fast you'd like to see a positive ROI without breaking the law.
Here are the models (packages) you can choose from:
4-Cylinder Honda (Basic)
- Drive with the top down! An entry-level program that is best suited for organizations that will be supplementing social media marketing and ad budget. The basic program takes the longest to get a positive ROI. Expect it to take up to a full 12-months to recoup your investment.
- Fasten your seatbelt! A solid, done-for-you program that doesn’t require any additional digital marketing support. We do it all, and we do it well. Expect to recoup your investment on this program within 6-9 months.
V-12 Lamborghini (Enterprise)
- Take a ride in the fast lane! This is the best-of-the-best program designed to maximize your online exposure, generate loads of website traffic and leads, and nurture them until they're all revved up and ready to talk to a sales rep. You'll recoup your investment inside of 6 months.
Inbound marketing is not a single tactic, it's not software or paid advertising. Inbound marketing utilizes many forms of pull marketing but fits them together like a puzzle, making it a methodology to follow. It’s how you’ll take your digital strategy to new heights of lead generation, engagement, and conversion.
When you choose Marketing Ninjas, you're partnering with a team of experts that specialize in new home marketing. And you're investing in a one-of-a-kind digital marketing program that delivers more leads, a measurable ROI, and content that lasts. After all, why pay for a billboard or radio ad that runs for a month when you could invest in digital content that lasts forever?
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you strengthen your bottom line and hit the road to success.
Photo credits: depositphotos.com